Q. What's a scholarly journal article?
A scholarly journal publishes the results of original and significant research in a particular discipline. Many (but not all) scholarly publications will be peer reviewed.
Characteristics of Scholarly Sources:
- Publications will often focus on a specific discipline or sub-discipline.
- Authors are typically scholars and/or researchers within a field.
- Articles are written for other faculty and researchers using technical terms and jargon.
- Articles tend to be longer in length and focus on a specific aspect of a topic.
- Sources will be listed throughout and at the end of an article.
Was this helpful? 0 0