Q. How do I get help acessing the databases or course reserves?
When accessing the databases off-campus or accessing your course reserves, you will need to sign in with your Skidmore username and password. If you can't get into them, there's a couple of things you can check first:
- Remember to only use your username when signing into the databases, not your full email. For example skidstudent1 instead of firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check to see if your username/password is working. Sign into your Skidmore email and Blackboard. If you can't access those, you might need to update your password. Visit the IT Help pages on passwords.
- Check your pop-up blockers. Some browsers like Safari will block the login box from appearing.
- If you have a couple of browsers on your computer, try a different one. Sometimes access works better in one over another.
- Clear your cookies/cache/browsing history.
Still no luck?
Contact the library's Systems LIbrarian, Mike Paulmeno at email@example.com
If possible, take a screenshot of what is appearing when you try to get access and attach it to the email.
Library Chat Services will be back for the Spring Semester!
Winter Break Research Help
There will be no research help when the campus and library is closed December 19th - January 3rd.
If you need research assistance or help accessing online materials, reach out to your subject librarian by email to schedule a Zoom appointment. Availability will vary during intercession, but many librarians will be available online starting January 4th.
If you have questions about building hours, returning/borrowing materials, etc. please visit our page on Access Information.