Q. How do I get help acessing the databases or course reserves?
When accessing the databases off-campus or accessing your course reserves, you will need to sign in with your Skidmore username and password. If you can't get into them, there's a couple of things you can check first:
- Remember to only use your username when signing into the databases, not your full email. For example skidstudent1 instead of firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check to see if your username/password is working. Sign into your Skidmore email and Blackboard. If you can't access those, you might need to update your password. Visit the IT Help pages on passwords.
- Check your pop-up blockers. Some browsers like Safari will block the login box from appearing.
- If you have a couple of browsers on your computer, try a different one. Sometimes access works better in one over another.
- Clear your cookies/cache/browsing history.
Still no luck?
Contact the library's Systems LIbrarian, Mike Paulmeno at email@example.com
If possible, take a screenshot of what is appearing when you try to get access and attach it to the email.