Q. How do I get help acessing the databases or course reserves?
When accessing the databases off-campus or accessing your course reserves, you will need to sign in with your Skidmore username and password. If you can't get into them, there's a couple of things you can check first:
- Remember to only use your username when signing into the databases, not your full email. For example skidstudent1 instead of firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check to see if your username/password is working. Sign into your Skidmore email and Blackboard. If you can't access those, you might need to update your password. Visit the IT Help pages on passwords.
- Check your pop-up blockers. Some browsers like Safari will block the login box from appearing.
- If you have a couple of browsers on your computer, try a different one. Sometimes access works better in one over another.
- Clear your cookies/cache/browsing history.
Still no luck?
Contact the library's Systems LIbrarian, Mike Paulmeno at email@example.com
If possible, take a screenshot of what is appearing when you try to get access and attach it to the email.
Library Chat Hours
Monday - Thursday 10:00am - 9:00pm
Friday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Zoom with a Librarian
Contact your subject librarian to schedule a zoom.
You can also Zoom directly from the library chat. Just ask to Zoom when you're in the chat.
Library Access Updates
Visit our Access Information page to get updates on access to the building, hours, services, and resources.