Does the library offer accessibility services and accommodations?
The library is committed to providing access to information for all members of the Skidmore community. The library faculty and staff will provide assistance in obtaining, accessing, and making use of library resources, materials, and services. To request assistance or accommodation, please contact Scribner Library (518-580-5502).
- Certified service animals are welcome in Scribner Library. All service animals must be under their handler's control while on the premises. For more information see Skidmore College Service Animal Policy.
- Scribner Library has ramps leading to its main entrance, which is equipped with an automatic door opener.
- Elevator service is available on every floor of the Library, and all elevators are equipped with Braille-encoded elevator buttons.
- Many library rooms are identified with Braille-encoded signage.
Library Services & Resources
- Material Retrieval: Library staff is happy to assist with the retrieval of books and use of electronic and other bibliographic resources, as well as helping with the photocopying or scanning of materials, upon request. Please ask at the Circulation Desk on the main floor of the library or call 518-580-5502.
- Assistive Technologies: Assistive technologies & software are available throughout the library. For assistance in using these technologies contact LEDS, located on the second floor of the library. For more information including a list of the assistive technologies available, please refer to the LEDS website.
Research Help Desk (1st Floor Library)
Fall 2023 Hours
Mondays - Thursdays: 10:00am - 9:00pm
Fridays: On-call from 10:00am - 4:00pm
Sundays: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
You can email your subject librarian to schedule an in-person or Zoom appointment.